Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Built My Own Solar Panel!

OK, so, this winter was rough. In December, my electric bill was about $500! So, I've been experimenting with different ways to save money, and I came upon this. It's a manual with directions for how to create you own solar panel or windmill.

The best part of what I do, (other than bringing you what I feel are the best money making/ money saving ideas and products out there) is taking advantage of the perks, and this was a huge one! It definitely seemed like a wierd idea at first, having a solar panel on my roof, but since I get to try these things out for free, I tried it anyway. It took 3 days to make, and I'm sure the next one I make will be way faster. (And I'm DEFINITELY going to make another one) The manual says it will cost about $200 to make, but I got everything I needed for $128.



Once I had it finished and set up, you couldn't even see it from the street, so I'm much less concerned with it being wierd. Either way, though, when I got my bill for January, it was about half of what I paid in December. (So I saved around $250.) Now, I realize that my bill would naturally have been a little bit lower anyway, but that is a HUGE SAVINGS, especially when you consider that I got it up and running on the 10th of the month.

THIS PRODUCT PAID FOR ITSELF IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS!!!

I definitely stand behind this product and would recomend it to my family and friends. If you haven't yet, at least check it out by clicking HERE .

Good Luck and Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment